SAFE Approach Course by Strategos International
There is a $50 registration fee
*Register by July 15, 2021
S.A.F.E APPROACH TO CHURCH SECURITY
When hundreds of people come together, conflict is inevitable. The church is no exception. Domestic violence, addictions, and mental illness can spill over into your worship environment, causing disruptions both major and minor.
By learning to observe behavioral cues, body language, and facial expressions, you can minimize disruptions and even acts of violence. In addition, this training helps us to fulfill our mandate to care for the flock, protecting our congregation, and ministering to those who are in distress. This is an advanced course that trains staff and volunteers to spot suspicious behavior before it erupts.
• Education on the science of human behavior and how to see patterns.
• Effective responses to de-escalate potentially violent situations.
• Hands-on activities to learn and practice these skills.
• The biblical foundation for protecting the flock.
• History, demographics, and trends for violent events in churches.
• Attackers’ motivations and mindsets.
• Behavior pattern recognition vs. behavioral profiling.
• How conflicts turn violent.
• The disconnect between what we perceive and reality.
• Developing and improving your situational awareness (without becoming paranoid).
• Learn to spot and respond to potential security issues before they erupt.
• Learn to respond calmly and effectively despite our natural instinct to react with panic.
• Learn how to de-escalate situations that involve high emotions, conflict, and threats.
• Develop a “camera-friendly” coordinated response to potential issues.
For questions about the event feel free to contact Jane Norton
Email: email@example.com | Phone: (317) 694-1476